Practice Update – We are open
Following the most recent National Lockdown announcement we would like to reassure our patients that we will be remaining open. We are able to see patients for all treatments including essential Dental Examinations and Hygiene visits. We have all the neccessary PPE and protocols in place to ensure the Dental Practice is safe.
Your health and the health of our staff is our top priority.
If you have an appointment you will be contacted in the days before to complete the following triage questions.
Covid-19 Screening Questions:
1. Have you tested positive for Covid-19?
2. Do you have a fever or felt hot or feverish in the last 14-21 days?
3. Do you have high temperature above 37.8 ºC?
4. Does anyone in your household have a new, continuous cough (coughing for 1hr, three times or more in a 24hr period)?
5. Do you have a recent loss of taste or smell?
6. Have you been in contact with any confirmed covid-19 people?
7. Are you over 80?
Do you have any dental problems? Pain, sensitivity, broken teeth?
Do you have a gag reflex? e.g when having xrays taken
Are you happy with the colour, appearance, shape of teeth?
Your visit will be slightly different to before so we wanted to make you aware of these changes.
• The front door will be locked
• Arrive at your appointment time and wait outside/or in your car until given access, if late then we may have to rebook your appointment
• Please call the practice when you arrive or make yourself known at the window. Please bear with us as we may be on the phone or dealing with a patient.
You will be greeted at the door where a member of staff (in PPE) will ask:
• Are you fit and healthy – a medical history may be taken if not already completed
• To use hand sanitiser on entering the building, and exiting the building
• A contactless temperature gauge will be used prior to patients entering the premises, a temperature over 37.8 will mean the patient is turned away and to contact 111
• You will be required to bring a face covering
• Prone to Hayfever/coughing - please bring handkerchief to cough into
• No extra clothing - Any personal items will be stored in the reception area – not in the surgery
• Attend your appointment on your own unless a minor in which case they may attend with one carer from the same household. Escorts to wait outside Chaperones to be allowed in only where necessary i.e. Carer or parent of a minor
• To follow and maintain social distancing while in the building, using the floor markings
• You will be directed straight to the appropriate surgery. It is the aim to reduce the need for any patients to be waiting
• No Cash payments, contactless payment or online only. Payments may be made or taken prior to the appointment or taken over the phone afterwards where possible. If not we can use the card machines, with protective coverings and regular disinfection with alcohol wipes
• Waiting area will be for minimum use to maintain 1m plus social distancing
• Any consumables needed, brushes, tepes, whitening gel, cleaning tablets can be prepared prior to your appointment
Even though the cost of PPE has gone up dramatically and appointment times have increased we are keeping Denplan payments the same until April 2021 as a thank you for your loyalty and continued support through this difficult time.
If you want or need to book an appointment, please call us or send an email. We will then arrange an appointment for you as soon as possible. Both Paul and Mo are in the practice every day, answering calls and giving emergency and routine advice for any dental or oral health issues you may have.
If you have a problem over the weekend or just need advice please call the practice on 01993 702452 and listen to the answer machine.
Do keep checking the website and we will post any new information as soon as we have it
We are here to look after you. STAY SAFE